So we weren’t familiar with the game Artemis Space Bridge Simulator, a networked PC game that is meant to make you feel like you’re at the helm of the Enterprise (though it’s not an officially licensed Star Trek game). Daniel from Hive76 invited us to play and showed us the video above and we were sold (the video above is not actually Hive or The Hacktory playing, it was made by a group called Laugh Pong.) Hive’s been playing with another hackerspace in Ireland, so we’re going to try to schedule some games. We’ll be at The Hacktory, Hive people will be at Hive, and we may or may not be playing with 091 Labs in Ireland. More details to come.
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Quick post with more than enough reason/inspiration for you to Intro to Interactive Art on Weds 6pm, just $10:
- In case u missed it @antoinetwitts: Laser Projection Mapping on Soap Bubbles by Memo Akten (@memotv) #openframeworks
- RT @jallen29: Had a great time at May Project Night! @The_Hacktory @phillypug @geography76 We had a great time too, thanks!2013/05/17 10:12
- Nominations are open for Geek Awards... help nominate your fav hacker/maker or other Geek this year:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”