The MFA program at the School of Visual Arts in NYC is holding a conference next December called Critical Information: Mapping the Intersection of Art and Technology. The event is in the pretty distant future, but they just put out a call for graduate papers, with the submission deadline of June 30, 2011. The info says they are particularly interested in topics of “Art and Social Theory, Media and Memory, the History and Future of the Image, Mediated Image Making, Identity and Representation in the Mediated Environment, Philosophy and Media, the Work of Art in the Information Age, and more. All themes pertaining to the juncture of media, theory, and the visual arts will be considered.” Sounds pretty interesting…
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Quick post with more than enough reason/inspiration for you to Intro to Interactive Art on Weds 6pm, just $10:
- In case u missed it @antoinetwitts: Laser Projection Mapping on Soap Bubbles by Memo Akten (@memotv) #openframeworks
- RT @jallen29: Had a great time at May Project Night! @The_Hacktory @phillypug @geography76 We had a great time too, thanks!2013/05/17 10:12
- Nominations are open for Geek Awards... help nominate your fav hacker/maker or other Geek this year:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”