The MFA program at the School of Visual Arts in NYC is holding a conference next December called Critical Information: Mapping the Intersection of Art and Technology. The event is in the pretty distant future, but they just put out a call for graduate papers, with the submission deadline of June 30, 2011. The info says they are particularly interested in topics of “Art and Social Theory, Media and Memory, the History and Future of the Image, Mediated Image Making, Identity and Representation in the Mediated Environment, Philosophy and Media, the Work of Art in the Information Age, and more. All themes pertaining to the juncture of media, theory, and the visual arts will be considered.” Sounds pretty interesting…
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday2013/06/08 11:02
- Hey if you've been to our Hacking the Gender Gap workshop and found it useful add a note to help us win a grant!
- Artists! Scientists! Makers! Still a few tickets left for our *celebrated* Intro to Arduino class starting TONIGHT!
- Recap of our great Intro to Interactive Art class, includes link to a pirate pad with tons of links:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday