Philly continues to strengthen and diversify it’s tech community with the addition of the first hackathon for women* in the area. This Friday at Saturday March 1 & 2, come out to LadyHacks hosted by WHYY where programmers, graphic designers, interface designers and project managers will collaborate intensively on software projects. See more info on the event website, including acknowledgement of the complicated nature of the word “women” and an invitation for men to join the mentor groups. If you’re familiar with The Hacktory’s Hacking the Gender Gap, one of the projects you could potentially work on will be creating a digital version of the timeline. Registration is $10, which you can do here.
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday2013/06/08 11:02
- Hey if you've been to our Hacking the Gender Gap workshop and found it useful add a note to help us win a grant!
- Artists! Scientists! Makers! Still a few tickets left for our *celebrated* Intro to Arduino class starting TONIGHT!
- Recap of our great Intro to Interactive Art class, includes link to a pirate pad with tons of links:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday