We had a great time this past Saturday helping about 70 Girl Scouts make some awesome jewelry with recycled electronics. We made sure to take lots of photos, which you can see on our flickr page here. Thanks again to our host, Girl Scouts at Penn, and our great volunteers Elise, Jacqui and Katie. We got a great response from a lot of folks who either participated in Girl Scouts growing up, or were interested in what we could offer that was a little different than the regular Girl Scouts programming. Needless to say, we now have tons of ideas of future programs we’d like to put together for them, and are looking forward to working with Girl Scouts at Penn in the future. We also got really interested in the current badges for Science and Technology for the Girl Scouts, which were completely redesigned not long ago. We’re going to be posting more thoughts on that soon, but do any of our readers have thoughts or comments on the science and tech activities offered now or in the past by the Girl Scouts?
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday2013/06/08 11:02
- Hey if you've been to our Hacking the Gender Gap workshop and found it useful add a note to help us win a grant!
- Artists! Scientists! Makers! Still a few tickets left for our *celebrated* Intro to Arduino class starting TONIGHT!
- Recap of our great Intro to Interactive Art class, includes link to a pirate pad with tons of links:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday