We had a great time this past Saturday helping about 70 Girl Scouts make some awesome jewelry with recycled electronics. We made sure to take lots of photos, which you can see on our flickr page here. Thanks again to our host, Girl Scouts at Penn, and our great volunteers Elise, Jacqui and Katie. We got a great response from a lot of folks who either participated in Girl Scouts growing up, or were interested in what we could offer that was a little different than the regular Girl Scouts programming. Needless to say, we now have tons of ideas of future programs we’d like to put together for them, and are looking forward to working with Girl Scouts at Penn in the future. We also got really interested in the current badges for Science and Technology for the Girl Scouts, which were completely redesigned not long ago. We’re going to be posting more thoughts on that soon, but do any of our readers have thoughts or comments on the science and tech activities offered now or in the past by the Girl Scouts?
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Quick post with more than enough reason/inspiration for you to Intro to Interactive Art on Weds 6pm, just $10:
- In case u missed it @antoinetwitts: Laser Projection Mapping on Soap Bubbles by Memo Akten (@memotv) #openframeworks
- RT @jallen29: Had a great time at May Project Night! @The_Hacktory @phillypug @geography76 We had a great time too, thanks!2013/05/17 10:12
- Nominations are open for Geek Awards... help nominate your fav hacker/maker or other Geek this year:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”