We have an upcoming opportunity this Saturday December 1 from 9-2 pm, to help with an activity for Girl Scouts wanting to earn badges. Our activity is a variation on our Recycled Electronic Jewelry class, which we’ve done for about 15 people, but this time we’re offering it to about 100 Girl Scouts. The badges will be for making jewelry, but this activity is a great way to become familiar with common electrical components. We could use some extra hands at the hot glue station, and to generally help make sure everyone has the parts they need. It’s fine to come for just an hour or two. The event will be at Houston Hall, 3417 Spruce Street, on Penn’s Campus. If you’re interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Quick post with more than enough reason/inspiration for you to Intro to Interactive Art on Weds 6pm, just $10:
- In case u missed it @antoinetwitts: Laser Projection Mapping on Soap Bubbles by Memo Akten (@memotv) #openframeworks
- RT @jallen29: Had a great time at May Project Night! @The_Hacktory @phillypug @geography76 We had a great time too, thanks!2013/05/17 10:12
- Nominations are open for Geek Awards... help nominate your fav hacker/maker or other Geek this year:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”