We are in NY at the HOPE conference this weekend, taking in talks by amazing speakers and spreading the word about The Hacktory. Just wanted to give a plug for this kickstarter for a really awesome project designed by Mitch Altman, one of the founders of the hackerspace movement in the states. The NeuroDreamer is a spinoff of his brainmachine kit that emits sound in the same pattern as your brain when it’s meditating, to help you experience what it feels like to meditate (and hallucinate without the help of chemicals, if that’s your thing). The NeuroDreamer Sleep Mask takes it one step further and emits sound and light in the pattern of sleep waves, so it is really relaxing, and could probably help a lot of people get the rest they want when they need it. For the kickstarter rewards there are special versions for meditation and lucid dreaming too! There’s only a few days left to support this great project on kickstarter, so consider donating today.
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Quick post with more than enough reason/inspiration for you to Intro to Interactive Art on Weds 6pm, just $10:
- In case u missed it @antoinetwitts: Laser Projection Mapping on Soap Bubbles by Memo Akten (@memotv) #openframeworks
- RT @jallen29: Had a great time at May Project Night! @The_Hacktory @phillypug @geography76 We had a great time too, thanks!2013/05/17 10:12
- Nominations are open for Geek Awards... help nominate your fav hacker/maker or other Geek this year:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”