Longwood Gardens is featuring the work of UK artist and light designer Bruce Munro all summer in a number of dazzling outdoor installations. It’s an amazing opportunity to see the work of Munro for the first time outside of the UK. The installations will be up until September 29, and Longwood is offering extended evening hours until 11 pm Weds-Sat until September 1. Tickets are $18 for adults, $8 for students. We’ll see if we can put together a group tour sometime over the summer. If you’re interested, leave a comment and we’ll let you know the deets.
ArchDaily and Inhabit had some great photo slide shows of the installations.
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday2013/06/08 11:02
- Hey if you've been to our Hacking the Gender Gap workshop and found it useful add a note to help us win a grant!
- Artists! Scientists! Makers! Still a few tickets left for our *celebrated* Intro to Arduino class starting TONIGHT!
- Recap of our great Intro to Interactive Art class, includes link to a pirate pad with tons of links:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday