Phila. Woodworks sez, “To celebrate springtime and the recent explosion of new community workshops opening in Philadelphia, we are hosting a Happy Hour here at our shop. Friday, May 11, 2012, from 5-8pm we invite you to join us at our shop on 4901 Umbria Street, 19128, for drinks and fun with artists, craftspeople, woodworkers, makers and hackers from many of the area’s collaborative studios and shops.” $5 for open bar with wine and beer, there will be outdoor games or indoor hanging out if the weather is bad. I’m going to go and try not to drool too much over their tools…
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday2013/06/08 11:02
- Hey if you've been to our Hacking the Gender Gap workshop and found it useful add a note to help us win a grant!
- Artists! Scientists! Makers! Still a few tickets left for our *celebrated* Intro to Arduino class starting TONIGHT!
- Recap of our great Intro to Interactive Art class, includes link to a pirate pad with tons of links:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday