It’s happening this Saturday! Stop by our Arduino Show & Tell to check out what people have made with the popular open-source computing platform, the Arduino (ar-DWEEN-oh). You may have heard of these powerful micro-controllers (basically a powerful mini-computer), they’ve taken the maker world by storm because of their flexibility and ease in programming. The event will run from 1-4 pm, taking the place of our usual Soft Circuit Saturday (don’t worry, that will be back next month!) We will have at least one Arduino project involving soft circuits for you to check out though, as well as a robotic head, and the oneString, a recently-funded kickstarter project that uses an arduino to make an electronic diddley-bow (a little-known folk instrument), as well as several other interesting projects. If you want to bring your own arduino project to show, please register here. Oh and it’s free for everyone!
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday2013/06/08 11:02
- Hey if you've been to our Hacking the Gender Gap workshop and found it useful add a note to help us win a grant!
- Artists! Scientists! Makers! Still a few tickets left for our *celebrated* Intro to Arduino class starting TONIGHT!
- Recap of our great Intro to Interactive Art class, includes link to a pirate pad with tons of links:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday