Last Thursday we installed our work at PAFA for their After Dark event. The public loved our interactive kinect project, our invisible art postcard table, and the laser graffiti. If you couldn’t make it, here’s a set of photos to give you an idea of what it was like. Thanks to everyone who made it out, and to Hive76 for partnering to pull off another great event. We look forward to what we can do for PAFA in the future, and how we could install these activities somewhere else in the meantime for more people to play with.
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Quick post with more than enough reason/inspiration for you to Intro to Interactive Art on Weds 6pm, just $10:
- In case u missed it @antoinetwitts: Laser Projection Mapping on Soap Bubbles by Memo Akten (@memotv) #openframeworks
- RT @jallen29: Had a great time at May Project Night! @The_Hacktory @phillypug @geography76 We had a great time too, thanks!2013/05/17 10:12
- Nominations are open for Geek Awards... help nominate your fav hacker/maker or other Geek this year:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”