Did you hear the story on hackerspaces in libraries on NPR this past Saturday? It’s a short piece, 4 minutes long, you can listen to it here. It talks about how libraries have been paying attention to the hackerspace movement, and are deciding to work together because both types of organizations are in “the business of learning and exploring.” There’s been a lot of articles about this movement lately, we will post more throughout the week. Philly’s library has been paying attention and is positioning itself to be one of the largest institutions to make this kind of a space and equipment available to patrons, with help from The Hacktory and other local media literacy and educational organizations. We’ll keep you posted as the plans develop.
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday2013/06/08 11:02
- Hey if you've been to our Hacking the Gender Gap workshop and found it useful add a note to help us win a grant!
- Artists! Scientists! Makers! Still a few tickets left for our *celebrated* Intro to Arduino class starting TONIGHT!
- Recap of our great Intro to Interactive Art class, includes link to a pirate pad with tons of links:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday