Did you hear the story on hackerspaces in libraries on NPR this past Saturday? It’s a short piece, 4 minutes long, you can listen to it here. It talks about how libraries have been paying attention to the hackerspace movement, and are deciding to work together because both types of organizations are in “the business of learning and exploring.” There’s been a lot of articles about this movement lately, we will post more throughout the week. Philly’s library has been paying attention and is positioning itself to be one of the largest institutions to make this kind of a space and equipment available to patrons, with help from The Hacktory and other local media literacy and educational organizations. We’ll keep you posted as the plans develop.
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Quick post with more than enough reason/inspiration for you to Intro to Interactive Art on Weds 6pm, just $10:
- In case u missed it @antoinetwitts: Laser Projection Mapping on Soap Bubbles by Memo Akten (@memotv) #openframeworks
- RT @jallen29: Had a great time at May Project Night! @The_Hacktory @phillypug @geography76 We had a great time too, thanks!2013/05/17 10:12
- Nominations are open for Geek Awards... help nominate your fav hacker/maker or other Geek this year:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”