Did anyone spot any LED flowers today? A group of us got together to create Ji Sun Lee’s Moonlit Flower on Saturday. Everyone had a great time stitching unique soft circuit parts from aniomagic into wearable works of art. Check out our photos to see all the colorful creations on our flickr. We are all excited to experiment on clothing next, and I guess that means the music of choice will be the Black Eyed Peas. Or, maybe we’ll start listening to the soundtrack from Tron and making this cool bag. What would you like to design?
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Quick post with more than enough reason/inspiration for you to Intro to Interactive Art on Weds 6pm, just $10:
- In case u missed it @antoinetwitts: Laser Projection Mapping on Soap Bubbles by Memo Akten (@memotv) #openframeworks
- RT @jallen29: Had a great time at May Project Night! @The_Hacktory @phillypug @geography76 We had a great time too, thanks!2013/05/17 10:12
- Nominations are open for Geek Awards... help nominate your fav hacker/maker or other Geek this year:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”