Last week at open house we had a great surprise, one of our guests brought this fantastic piece of medical equipment, which we thought was a mass spectrometer. We ooohed and aaahed and played with the knobs but didn’t do much otherwise. Last night another new guest stopped by and started to dig a little deeper. With the help of the handy internet (wikipedia especially) he found out the machine is actually a spectrophotometer, and then he found the manual! It offers helpful advice on how to “get the most from your Stasar” and tells us that we should “Read carefully, believe in what it tells you, and you can expect long and faithful service from your Stasar.” Our new guest posted a summary of what he found as a discussion on our google group (thanks again Rob!) Take a look, add a comment, or stop by next week to see what else we can figure out!
Knight Arts Challenge GrantDonate today to help us create a tech/arts apprenticeship program for artists. Your gift will be matched by the Knight Foundation, as part of the Knight Arts Challenge. Read all the details here.2000 of 40000 dollars
Support The Hacktory TodayAll donations are tax-deductible.
What Is The Hacktory?
Hack (def): to find a new (sometimes inelegant) solution to a problem
Factory (def): a place where products are made, or art like Andy Warhol's Factory
What's Up @The_Hacktory
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday2013/06/08 11:02
- Hey if you've been to our Hacking the Gender Gap workshop and found it useful add a note to help us win a grant!
- Artists! Scientists! Makers! Still a few tickets left for our *celebrated* Intro to Arduino class starting TONIGHT!
- Recap of our great Intro to Interactive Art class, includes link to a pirate pad with tons of links:
- “@colinangevine: At @The_Hacktory learning about interactive art. So far so awesome.”2013/05/22 21:16
- Just a reminder we are @FleisherArt for ARTspiration today, 7th and Catherine, NOT at 3711 Market for soft circuit Saturday